Home / Default / Bodies of 15 killed in Turbat flown to Lahore

Bodies of 15 killed in Turbat flown to Lahore

The bodies of 15 people killed near the Pak-Iran border in Balochistan a day earlier were shifted to Lahore on Thursday for burial in their home districts in Punjab.

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti accompanied the bodies of victims on their last journey. The victims had been killed by unknown gunmen in the Buleda Gorak area of district Kech on Wednesday.

The victims belonged to Mandi Bahauddin, Sialkot and other parts of Punjab.

The funeral prayers of the victims were offered earlier in the day in Turbat amid tight security. Chief Minister Balochistan Nawab Sanaullah Zehri, Commander Southern Command Lt Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa and other civil and military officials participated in the funeral.

Read: The perils of Pakistani migrants heading to Europe

After the funeral, Zehri chaired a high-level meeting to review the law and order situation in the aftermath of recent wave of terror acts in the province.

Lt Gen Bajwa and other senior officers also attended the meeting, in which the authorities decided to take stern action against those involved in the brutal killing.

A senior administration officer who requested anonymity told Dawn that the 15 had been killed while trying to sneak into Iran through unfrequented routes.

The victims had been trying to enter Iran illegally and then proceed to Turkey to enter Greece for the sake of employment, he said.

Source: News

About admin

Check Also

AJK woman killed in 'unprovoked' Indian shelling: officials

A woman was killed and a man injured on Friday when Indian troops resorted to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: